Aviemore- Mecca of outdoor activities
Aviemore is a town and tourist resort, situated within the Cairngorms National Park in the Highlands of Scotland. It is in the Badenoch and Strathspey committee area, within the Highland council area. There’s plenty of things to do in Aviemore, from skiing, canoeing, wildlife watching, shopping, dining or ceilidh dancing! There really is something for everyone no matter what your level or experience. Put yourself in good hands with our fantastic guides and highly experienced outdoor activity providers. The mountains and the Cairngorms National Park that surround Aviemore offer a vast playground for a range of outdoor activities and attractions, from the nearby CairnGorm Mountain snowsports facility to exploring the area on horseback.
Enjoy a family adventure at the Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Carrbridge, step back in time to the 1700s at the Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore, have a go at fishing and watersports on the river Spey or take the train from Aviemore to Dalwhinnie and enjoy a tour. Our top list of things to do in Aviemore includes-
● Loch Morlich Watersports – Loch Morlich enjoys one of the finest settings of any loch in the country. It is surrounded by forests and fringed by beaches, with the stunning backdrop of the often snow-clad peaks of the northern Cairngorms.
● RSPB Loch Garten Osprey Centre – Ancient, wild & immeasurably special, the area near Nethybridge contains ancient Caledonian pine forest, moorland, wetland, mountain and Loch Garten Osprey Centre. This offers the chance to get close to some of Scotland’s most amazing wildlife, only a 20 minute drive from Aviemore.
● Cairngorm Mountain– Cairngorm Mountain not only offers phenomenal panoramic views at over 2000 feet, and also has a cafe, mountain shop, snowsports in the winter time and in the summer offer free family activities. There is also the chance to join the ranger every Thursday for a guided walk.
● Rothiemurchus– Relax and experience stunning scenery, exceptional wildlife and a long and rich history with a choice of outdoor activities for everyone; from inspirational easy walks, fishing, Ranger-led tours, wildlife photography and watching, pony and quad bike treks, clay shooting, treetop adventures, biking, archery, segways to fun and challenging water activities.
● Highland Wildlife & Birdwatch Safari- The Cairngorms is one of the best places in the UK to see wildlife and is home to 25 per cent of Britain’s threatened species. Red squirrel, deer, mountain hare, capercaillie, snow bunting, pine marten, golden eagle and wildcat are just some of the spectacular wildlife that you can see here.
● Family activities, near Durness, Highlands– Enjoy a family adventure at the Landmark Forest Adventure Park, Carrbridge, step back in time to the 1700s at the Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore, or take the steam train on the Strathpey Railway to Boat of Garten and spot ospreys nesting at the stunning Loch Garten Nature Reserve, Abernethy.
Let us travel to Beautiful Land of Scots and get to see nature up close on your next trip to the United Kingdom. Allow yourself to become part of nature as you explore.
For more details about our packages, please click here.Tags: scotland, tours, travel, travel and tours