Innsbruck – Alpine Gem
Tyrol’s capital Innsbruck is a sight to behold. Situated in the heart of the Alps, the Innsbruck region offers a wealth of contrasts, concentrated over a remarkably small area. One can go from the bustling vibrant city centre to the high mountain wilderness in just 30 minutes – whether for skiing in winter or hiking in summer. Gorgeous, mountainous scenes and a modest city with plenty of European Ring to uncover – Innsbruck offers the opportunity for holiday boasting, with equally exciting urban and rural sites. Its biggest draw is its location.
Innsbruck offers a unique mosaic of cultural history: the city has been shaped by the past but still continues to evolve with the times. Today, the magnificent and imperial historic buildings in the city centre meet attractive and groundbreaking modern landmarks.
Top 05 reasons to plan a visit to Innsbruck-
- Innsbruck is the capital of Tyrol – a region of Austria with its own distinct character and style. Visiting Innsbruck offers the chance to sample some traditional Tyrolian culture and cuisine
- Innsbruck offers surprisingly lively Nightlife- Although you might not expect it, given its somewhat timid façade, the city centre has unexpectedly vibrant after-hours. Partly thanks to the university student population, there is a number of cocktail bars and small nightclubs to explore.
- You can take up a hike- Even the walking-weary should experience what Innsbruck has to offer in the way of hikes. Whether embarking on a full-blown mountainous adventure or a more relaxed amble in the surrounding countryside, you won’t be disappointed by the natural beauty you’ll discover.
- Its a winter wonderland and sports paradise- Innsbruck opens up to a winter wonderland with its Christmas settings set in snow-laced Alpine surroundings providing the perfect backdrop for the charming Christmas villages that pop up around the city. It is a prime sports hub with countless ski resorts dotted around the region, with some epic slopes and incredible views.
- It offers stunning Architecture- Innsbruck is full of architectural gems. From the glorious Golden Roof in the Old Town, to the Brutalist-style Ambrau Brewery, there are plenty of intriguing buildings to discover. One of the most impressive structures well worth a visit is the Bergisel Ski Jump.
So explore Innsbruck on your next trip to Austria! Click here for more details about our packages.Tags: tour packages, tours, travel