Netherland – Favourite Tourist Destination
Netherland a country with charming cities, gorgeous countryside and inspiring cultural attractions. It is a country of eternal romance with its picturesque tulip fields, winding canals, postcard-perfect windmills. At the same time, the red-light district of Amsterdam is also famous amongst the locals and travellers alike. Such a diverse range of attractions guarantee that you will find numerous things to do in the Netherlands.
Due to its relatively small size it is easy to visit the Netherlands fairly quickly and to see a lot of the country in a short space of time. Getting out into the countryside is often one of the highlights of a trip for many, especially if you visit famous areas like the traditional villages that are filled with iconic windmills and tulips. Here are the best things to do in the Netherlands:
● Explore the Canals of Amsterdam- Similar to many other cities that sit over water such as Venice, Amsterdam has a vibrant canal system.The pretty waterways are one of the best loved attractions in Amsterdam and you can explore the idyllic routes by taking a boat tour or a water taxi that lets you hop around a range of locations.
● Visit Zaanse Schans- Those who wish they could travel back in time and visit the Netherlands of the 17th and 18th centuries have come to the right place.Zaanse Schans is located around 15 kilometers to the north of Amsterdam and is styled as an open-air museum where you can take a stroll around a traditional Dutch village and find out how ancient craftsmen would have worked.
● Stroll around the Garden of Europe- Keukenhof, also known as the Garden of Europe, is a riot of color with blooms of every hue as far as the eye can see. Tulips are the signature flowers of this country and the Garden of Europe just outside of Lisse is the largest public garden anywhere in the world.Covering 70 acres of land, you will find gorgeous flower exhibitions as well as restaurants and a wide variety of flora including daffodils hyacinths, and crocuses.
● Admire Grote Kerk- Grote Kerk is found in The Hague and is a large church that is built from red brick in Gothic style.The original building here would have been built in the 13th century although it was razed to the ground in 1539 and rebuilt in the present structure.The church has an illustrious history as the spot where many members of the Dutch royal family where baptized including King Willem-Alexander who had his christening here.
● Explore Hoge Veluwe National Park- The Netherlands is often thought of as a small country primarily made up of small towns and cities but actually it has some wonderful national parks.The largest and most famous of these is the Hoge Veluwe National Park which sits in between Apeldoorn and Arnhem. It sprawls over an areas of 13,800 acres and is perfect if you are looking for an easy day trip.The park is covered in woodland and features other quirky exhibits such as a sculpture park, and just some of the residents you will find in the park include red and roe deer.
Be inspired to travel to a country which is for various reasons listed as one of the best countries to live in. It is 6th happiest country of the world. Feel the happiness in the air as it flows through the city and allow yourself to be joyful when you explore.
If you want to travel to this destination, please click here.