Online FAQs from Booking.com
1) Booking details:
- Can I make changes to my booking? I.e., change dates
Yes! You can make changes to your booking from your confirmation email or through contacting us Depending on the property’s policy, you can do the following:
- Change check-in/out times
- Change date
- Cancel booking
- Edit credit card details
- Change guest details
- Select bed type
- Change room type
- Add a room
- Add a meal
- Make a request
- Contact the property
- I can’t find my confirmation email. What should I do?
Just enter your email and we’ll resend it to you. Be sure to check your inbox and spam/junk mail folders.
- How can I get an invoice?
The property can provide you with an invoice for your stay, so please contact them directly.
- Will I pay the full price for my child(ren)?
Additional costs for children, if any, are not included in the reservation price. Please check with the property directly to see if and when you’ll pay for your child(ren).
- Can we get extra beds/cots for my child(ren)?
It depends on the property’s policy. Additional costs for children, including extra beds/cots, are not included in the reservation price. Please contact the property directly for this information.
- Who is going to charge my credit card, and when?
You may be charged a prepayment according to the hotel’s prepayment policy. This is done to verify your credit card, where a temporary hold is placed on an amount until after check-out. It’s best to contact the hotel for any charging queries.
- What’s prepayment?
Some properties require a prepayment. The prepayment is an amount charged by the property, ahead of your stay. The date of the payment, and how much is charged, depends on the property’s prepayment policy.
- What fees are included or excluded from my booking?
Hotelconfirm.com or Booking.com does not charge a booking fee. Any additional charges or taxes you do are defined by the property and local tax rules.
- Can I pay for my stay in advance?
Possibly, but it’s up to the property.
- When will I be charged?
It’s up to the property and depends on your payment policy. It’s best to ask the property directly.
- Can I pay for my stay with a different credit card than the one used to book?
Very likely, yes. Properties usually accept payment for the stay with a different card or cash. To confirm that paying with a different credit card is OK, contact the property.
- Does the property need a deposit or a payment in advance?
It depends on the booking’s payment policy.
- Why do I need to provide my credit card details?
Properties request this to confirm your reservation. You may be pre-authorized* to ensure that your credit card is valid and has sufficient funds, or in some cases, your details are used to pay for your stay when you book.
*A pre-authorization is a temporary hold on an amount to ensure your card is valid and has sufficient funds. The amount held will be returned to your account after a certain period of time, which depends upon the property and your card provider.
- The property charged me; what should I do?
Depending on the booking’s payment policy this charge may be either of the following:
- A pre-authorization, which is a temporary hold on an amount to ensure your card is valid and has sufficient funds. The amount held will be returned to your account after a certain period of time, which depends upon the property and your card provider.
- A deposit or prepayment, which are required by some properties when you book. This is highlighted in your confirmation email. If you are eligible for free cancellation, this amount is returned to you when you cancel your booking.
- Are taxes included in the price?
This depends on the property, the room you booked and the local tax requirements. You can see any additional taxes in your booking’s price details.
- Can I cancel my booking?
Yes! Any cancellation fees are determined by the property and listed in your cancellation policy. You will pay any additional costs to the property.
- If I need to cancel my booking, will I pay a fee?
If you have a free cancellation booking, you won’t pay a cancellation fee. If your booking is no longer free to cancel or is non-refundable, you may incur a cancellation fee. Any cancellation fees are determined by the property. You will pay any additional costs to the property.
- Can I cancel or change my dates for a non-refundable booking?
Changing your dates for ‘Non-Refundable’ bookings isn’t possible. If you choose to cancel your booking, you may incur charges. Any cancellation fees are determined by the property. You will pay any additional costs to the property.
- Where can I find my property’s cancellation policy?
You can find this in your booking confirmation.
- How do I know if my booking was cancelled?
After you cancel a booking with us, you should receive an email confirming the cancellation. Check your inbox and spam/junk mail folders. If you don’t receive an email within 24 hours, please contact the property to confirm they got your cancellation.
- What does the price include?
All the facilities listed under the room type are included in the room price. To see the facilities, just click on the room name. You can see if breakfast or anything else, such as taxes, are included by rolling your cursor over the text in the column called ‘Conditions’. This information will also be in your confirmation email.
- Are the prices shown are per person or per room?
The price we show is for the room for the entire length of the stay, unless otherwise stated in the room type and description.
- Are taxes included in the price?
This depends on the hotel and room type selected, but it’s easy to see what’s included by checking the text under the room name. Tax requirements change from country to country so it’s always good to check. You can see more detailed information about what is included in the price by moving your cursor over the text in the column called “Conditions.” This information will also be in your confirmation email.
- Is breakfast included in the price?
This depends on the hotel and the room type. You can see if it is included by checking the text just below the room name. If it is not included you can roll your cursor over the text in the column called ‘Conditions’, to find out if it is available and what, if any, the additional costs are. This information will also be included in your confirmation email.
- Do I pay a reservation fee?
No, we do not charge any fees at all.
- Do I pay the full price for my child(ren)?
Information regarding children is located under ‘Hotel Policies’,
5) Credit Card:
- Can I make a reservation without a credit card?
A valid credit card is needed to guarantee your reservation with most hotels. We do offer a small but growing number of hotels, however, that will guarantee your reservation without a credit card. You can also make a booking using someone else’s card provided you have their permission. In this case please confirm the card holder’s name and that you have permission to use their card, in the ‘Special Requests’ box when making your booking.
- The property has charged my credit card, what should I do?
The charge you see could be any one of the following:
- Pre-authorization:A pre-authorization is just a validity check that temporarily blocks on your credit card an amount roughly equivalent to the cost of your reservation. The amount will be unblocked after a certain time period. How long this takes will depend on the property and your credit card provider.
- Deposit or Prepayment:Some properties require a deposit or prepayment at the time of reservation. This policy is clearly highlighted during the reservation process, and you can see it in your confirmation email as well. If you are eligible for free cancellation, this amount is returned to you if you choose to cancel your reservation.
- If you feel you have been charged in error, our Customer Service team is happy to find the best possible solution for you. Please contact us with your reservation number and details of the charge made, and we will follow up on your behalf.
- Can I use a debit card to complete my reservation?
Generally, hotels cannot accept a debit card to guarantee a booking. However, there are some exceptions. If your chosen hotel can accept a debit card, you will see this option when making your booking.
- What is a pre-authorization?
When you make a reservation, there may be instances where the hotel will contact your credit (or debit) card company to confirm that the card you are using is valid and hasn’t been reported lost or stolen. At this time, they may also check to see if the card has enough money to cover the transaction. This is communicated in the form of a pre-authorization of the full amount of your reservation.
The hotel, however, will not proceed with the charge. The time at which your card will be charged will depend on the terms and conditions linked to your booking.
- Why do I need to give my credit card details?
In most cases, Hotelconfirm.com requests credit card details to confirm your reservation with the hotel, on your behalf. Your credit card may be checked (pre-authorized) to ensure that it is valid and/or that sufficient funds are available. After the check, the full amount will be available to you again. In some cases, your credit card details will be used to process the payment for the reservation at the time of booking. Your credit card will only be charged if you have requested a pre-paid room or if the cancellation policy, found under ‘Hotel Policies’ and room ‘conditions’ has not been followed.
- Which credit cards can I use to complete my booking?
To make a reservation all hotels accept:
Some hotels also accept other credit cards, such as American Express, for reservation purposes. You can see which credit cards a hotel accepts in the Hotel Policies section under the hotel description and also when making your booking.
- The credit card that I used to make a booking is no longer valid. What should I do?
Please contact the hotel directly. You can find their contact information, in your confirmation email or online via Hotelconfirm.com. For security reasons, never provide your credit card details by email.
6) Property policies:
- I will be arriving earlier/later than the stated check-in time. Can I still check-in?
You can request an early/late check-in in several ways:
- You can specify your intended check-in time while making the reservation.
- You can manage you booking online by writing us an email request for check-in time outside of the standard hours.
- You can contact the property directly, using the contact details found in your booking confirmation.
Please note that the property cannot always accommodate this request; they will be happy to let you have your room early if there is availability, but there may be nobody to welcome you if you arrive late at night at a remote apartment. It’s always best to check with the property directly in this case, to avoid any disappointment.
- What are the check-in and check-out times of a hotel?
Check-in and check-out times differ for each hotel. You will find them on the “Hotel Policies” section at the bottom of the hotel page as well as in your confirmation email.
- How do I get more information about the room or hotel facilities?
Room facilities are clearly listed under each room type, to see the full list and photos just click on your desired room type. You can find all of the hotel facilities just below the block of room types under ‘Hotel Facilities’.
7) Extra facilities:
- How do I know if the hotel has parking facilities and how can I reserve it?
Under ‘Hotel Facilities’ you can see whether or not the hotel has parking, and if any restrictions apply. If the hotel requests you reserve parking, please contact them directly with the contact information provided in your booking confirmation.
- How can I find out that the hotel offers a shuttle service and how can I book it?
If the hotel offers a shuttle service it will be listed under ‘Hotel Facilities’, by ‘Services’. Once you have made your reservation you can arrange the airport transfer directly with the hotel. The hotel’s contact information is listed in your booking confirmation. Please remember to have your flight details ready.
- Can the hotel store my luggage before check in or after check-out?
If the hotel has a luggage storage it will be displayed on the hotel’s page under “Hotel Facilities”. For more information regarding the hotel’s facilities on luggage storage please contact the hotel directly using the contact details provided after completing the booking
- How do I find out if a hotel has a certain facility, e.g. a lift?
Under ‘Hotel Facilities’ you can see a list of all the hotel’s facilities, activities and services.
- How to make a booking with Hotel Confirm?
Booking with hotelconfirm.com is both simple and secure. The more precise information you give us about your travel plans, the more accurate our quotations will be. When you’ve decided on the location and the preferred dates of travel you can either make an online booking or submit your query on our form and you will be presented with the best available options.
- Can I cancel or change my reservation?
Yes, it’s easy. You can cancel or change your booking by getting in touch with us at email@example.com to cancel the booking. Please, remember to check the property’s cancellation policy before making any changes to your booking. Non-refundable rooms and other exclusive deals can have a different cancellation policy. Room specific cancellation information is included beside the room type under the ‘Conditions’ column. Kindly refer to the cancellation policy prior to submitting a cancellation request.
- What are the inclusions?
Please read the inclusions next to the room name prior to making the booking. Once the booking is confirmed and the voucher has been issued; the voucher gives you details on all the inclusions as well.
- s there parking available at the hotel?
Many hotels offer onsite parking, but not all. So be sure to check with us or on the hotel’s facility page. Please be advised this may incur an additional charge.
- What if I want to amend my booking?
Booking amendments are subject to booking terms and conditions. For additional services on your booking get in touch with us at- firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking reference number and lead guest name and we will be more than pleased to assist you on the same.
- Can I speak to someone regarding my booking arrangements?
Yes, our team will be more than delighted to receive calls from you and answer all your queries. Please refer to contact us for more details on contact numbers.
- Can I make a reservation without card by paying cash?
Certainly!! All you must do is call us on our phone number given in contact us and one of our customer service executive will assist you in the same. Cash deposits can be done across UAE and further details will be shared by the sales-executive.
- How to Pay with hotelconfirm.com?
At hotel confirm we want our clients to pay “With Confidence”. For online booking You can pay directly on the booking.com.
For offline bookings Hotel Confirm can offer alternative payment solution by using direct Master/Visa card via online link shared via email.
- What do you do with my information?
We make every effort to keep all your personal information safe and secure. To make your booking, your personal details will not be passed on to any other party and neither are the card details saved by us.
- How can I join Book Earn and Redeem program?
It’s quite simple, to enroll for the program either you can email us to open your account and earn 50 Points as an initiatory offer or when you will make a booking through online Hotelconfirm.com website or an offline purchase on any of our services. (terms and conditions apply) your account is opened with us.
- How will I know that how much points I have in my account?
To check the points details you can email us and we will share the details with you. However, you are on a mailing list once the account is opened which will give you your account details on monthly basis.
- What are the Benefits of joining the Book, Earn and Redeem Program?
Hotelconfirm.com gives you the richest elite benefits in the travel industry. Benefits includes the following:
- Global Tour Packages
- Global Hotel Bookings when booked Offline
- UAE Local Tours
- International Flights
- After booking when I can redeem my points?
Minimum 3500 points have to be accumulated for any redemptions and can be redeemed once you have completed all your booking for qualifying points.